Sunday, February 21, 2010

Passions

Passion; one of the those words that can be used at any width and depth to qualify anyone and anything. Every one of us has passion for/towards one or other. And I'm no exception. I have lots of Passions: Lyrics, Kung-fu, Guitar, Music, etc. In this article, I'll pick up Lyrics.

Please note that whatever I'm writing below are just my thoughts and based on my observations. If there is something mentioned incorrectly, please feel free to correct by posting a comment :)

Frnds, if you are one of those individuals having the capability of placing your thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. into words and convey it in the form of a lyric to a song; consider yourself as lucky. Believe me, its not easy to write lyrics. It requires lot of patience, thought process, experience, good hold on the literature of your language, right slection of the words and more importantly all your feelings should come together.

I used to write poems at one stage of my life. It started when I was studying 10th standard. It was the first time I went to Hostel/Boarding school and I was completely homesick missing my parents, bro, sis, home and my friends. I used to cry a lot (its true :) All who know me from my Job will have a hard time believing this :P). I used to carry lot of emotions, strong feelings, untold fears and all those have come out in the form of poems. I used to write mostly on Friendship, Love and Nature. Sometimes I manage to come up with only half of the poem. And I used to struggle to complete that. It may take hours, days or sometime months to complete it. One interesting fact is that good lyrics strike to you at very un-expected times and situation. You might be doing some other work or having a fresh shower or when you sit lonely, etc etc.

In olden days lyrics had much weightage in songs. However in the modern world lyrics are not carrying much weight in a song. It is only the music, beats, etc. that counts much. And how many lyricists we know even? But thanks to those lyricists who are still delivering some good lyrics to some songs and keeping the spirits of the lyric listeners (like me :) alive

So, frnds, if you are not one of those who give importance to lyrics, the next time you hear to some song try and listen to the lyrics (no, i'm not at all forcing you :P). The song feels much sweet and clear. And if you feel so, just say thanks to the lyric writer.

I always have this passion of writing lyrics to atleast one song or try converting one of my poems to a song. Maybe I have to wait some time more until some one taps into my feelings again and wake them up :P. Please wish me all the best :)

9 comments:

  1. Kunchu,
    This is not a design document which needs a review or correction. this is your mind, this is you. My suggestion would be not to use your blog for correcting yourself. Live your life, not others reviews. I hope you are not using you blog for changing you, but as a mirror to see the changes that naturally happens
    Anyway good to see that u started blogging, continue writing poems also.

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your wishes guys. And thanks KC for the correction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. naaku satyam movie sumanth laa anipinchavu.. nyways.. all the very best.. keep writing.. keep thinking..yo yo..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good try. One small suggestion. You carried a lot of depth in the putting the pain/effort a lyricist experiences. One point is missing, why should I pay attention to the lyrics? It would be complete if you would have said how good it feels listening to the lyrics. Its just a suggestion about the blog.

    Have a nice time writing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Niranjan: thanks dude for the suggestion and wishes. I did mention that song feels more sweet and clear when you pay attention to the lyrics :). See you are not paying attention to the lyrics of my blog :P lolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powered by Varehvah.com Driven by Nagesh Kunchakarra, A True Infosion - Win in the Food World

    ReplyDelete
  7. da KC nice one :):P
    chanti sir meeru emi cheyya akhalledu o rendu moodu poems raaste chaalu :)

    ReplyDelete