Friday, October 15, 2010

I Love Animation

Its a regular Friday Evening. I finished my work and the started doing the routine... facebook, orkut, youtube, etc. One of ma friends shared link of the new Ramayan animated movie trailer. I clicked on play and started watching it. I liked the trailer very much and knowing that it is in 3d too, I was all excited.

You know, I'm crazy about movies; especially the animated movies. I started thinking about how fascinated I used to be watching Cartoons for hours; right from the Jungle book, talespin, dungeons and dragons, little wizards until the Caption Planet, Swat Cats, Fantastic 4, Tom & Jerry, etc. Slowly, the animated world grew and lots of good animated movies started pouring in. I continued watching most of the animated movies too. some of my favs. include Ratatouile, wall-E, kung-fu panda, horton hears a who, Sword of the Stranger, Alladin, El-dorado, Atlantis - the lost world, Spirited Away, Appleseed Saga..Ex Machina ..... BREAKKKKK!!!!

Something stopped my chain of thoughts. Something was bothering me. I was not feeling good about something. I rewound my thoughts ... started thinking about all the cartoons and movies again... twice and thrice.... ahah! there it is. I got what was bothering me. All those Cartoons, animated movies I watched are concepts taken from different countries. ex: kung-fu panda (China), Ratatouile (France), Sword of the Stranger (Japan), Alladin (middle east), etc. WHAT ABOUT INDIA?

Do we have any animated movies at all? I told "YES" to myself and started to think how many are there and how many did I see. I remember seeing only two 1) HANUMAN 2)HANUMAN RETURNS. I then remember hearing about Roadside Romeo (India's first 3D movie), Bal Ganesh and the latest, Ramayan. And there stops the count. That's it? I hope you agree that for an animated movie lover, this count is very less.

I started thinking "why do we have very less animated movies, while we have very rich and varied culture and heritage?"; "in-fact how many of us even know that we do have some animated movies?".......I started feeling sad and discouraged. I started thinking about many other things. I then thought that I need to contribute something to the animated movie Industry of INDIA. How can I do that? I don't know anything about animated movie Industry. So, I started googling on "How Animated movies are made?" and found some results. I got this link of PIXAR's which talks about how animated movies are made http://www.pixar.com/howwedoit/index.html Its a good link with some good information.

After all these thoughts, I decided that I want to create a short animated movie and contribute it to the INDIAN Animated movie Industry. But, the first step to do it is "throw in some ideas and select one"....... So friends, I need all your help in gathering some good ideas on what can be a good subject/concept for short animated movie. And the subject/concept should be something about/from/on INDIA. Friends, please start thinking about this and throw me some ideas....

I'm all Excited to do something new, creative, intersting after a longggggggggggg time. Help me do this.......

With Love
Chanti

5 comments:

  1. Watch Ramayan: Legend of Prince Ram. It is a Indo-Japanese Animation and by far one of the best cartoons i have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bhagavad geetha episode between Lord Krishna & Arjuna with few scenes on narrations of Lord krishna will be an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro we have many short stories named "panchatantra katalu". As these contains only animals these may be animated simply and at faster rate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. edena chadavamandi...
    ok...
    that sounds good.
    i will think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. why should an animated movie from India necessarily have to be based on ramayana/mahabharata/panchatantra ?!?!?!
    The best animated movies in the world are original stories aka Lion King/Kung Fu Panda/Shrek/Up/Wall-E.
    Come up with your own story..something that a global crowd can relate to.. the rest will auto fall into place.

    ps--> If you thought animated films have to be funny/kids complaint, I suggest you see Persepolis and Waltz with bashir

    ReplyDelete